Thursday, September 14, 2006

How About Some Good News?

Ok,

Two weeks. Classes still over the limit, kids restless and antsy, I could find 100's of things to complain about.

I want to hear a couple of good things. We do this job for lots of reasons, but most of all for the payoffs you can't get anywhere else.

Anyone have one of those yet?

Don't be shy. I'll start it off ok?

I had a young woman transfer into my class just a couple of days ago. I had her as a freshmen at my old school (CVCA) and now here it is years later and she walks into my class.

She said she transferred over into Gage. She saw my name on the teacher list and asked if it was me and insisted on being in my class.

Makes you feel good, eh? It did me.

So, how about a couple of nice stories today to get over all the difficult things going on right now?

Fire away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe no one is commenting because you are "approving" the comments. that's insulting.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I had a pretty good feeling after seeing a student that failed my class and yet was still glad to see me. He then came to say to me that he was looking forward to doing alot better this year he knew he goofed up but I was the only one warning him and talking to him directly about his future education. Then he thanked me for "keeping it real!"

Catherine Powell
Hyde Park Academy
Health & Physical Education

 
Locations of visitors to this page