Tuesday, October 17, 2006

VIDEO FROM LINCOLN PARK! AT LAST!

Sorry that took so long, but on with the show. I have edited down the 1 hour+ LSC meeting into about 5 really great videos. They will be posted ASAP.

The best moments from that meeting will not be seen here, as they were student comments and I do not feel comfortable posting them. Even though it was a public meeting, I do not have any release forms for the students of LPHS and I do not think it appropriate to post those. Anyone who was there knows that the passion and sincerity that the students of LPHS shared with the LSC that night were far more powerful than anything the adults had to say.

That said, there were many good comments made the adults in attendance.

On an earlier post I replied to a comment (see original comments here) by saying: "Leadership inspires. It gets people to give more than they thought they could. If you worked at LPHS, would you be more inspired or less inspired by what happened there?"

I stand by that and present to you the comments of an LPHS history teacher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really sad to see that nothing has changed at LPHS since I left one year ago, after teaching there for ten years. I've seen many of my co-workers, who were good and hard working peeople, get fired for speaking out. My heart goes out to all of you who are still there.

Anonymous said...

Don't be surpised. LPHS is always full of controversy. trust me I go there.

Alexander Russo said...

this is very cool, victor -- i've always wanted to upload something to youtube and put it on my site, but never had the skills. good job.

substance-wise, i didn't realize that things had gone so poorly at LPHS since the new principal took over -- i assume this isn't the first of these instances.

we linked to this earlier in the week. keep up the good work. great having more CPS-interested voices out there.

 
Locations of visitors to this page